Here's Gibby

My photo
Norfolk, VA, United States
Just a girl from Mississippi who married a Sailor. Most people consider me weird and I consider most weird people normal.

21 October 2008

Things Change

So I was never one of those employees that brought in treats on Tuesday for everyone to enjoy. I was always busy working in the yard or on the house or just too lazy for all that baking. Well things change. SoCal is out to sea and I am at home procrastinating on studying for LEED or my licensing exams by baking treats for our Canstruction bake sales every Monday morning or by making a crock pot full of chili for our chili cook-off.

I made a terrific batch of white chicken chili in my crock pot….Cathryn you can do it too. I have made poppy seed muffins, SoCal and I made carrot cake cupcakes from scratch, and this week I made these delicious German Chocolate Cupcakes with a cream cheese and coconut filling. You make the cupcakes as the box says, yes when SoCal is out to sea you wont see me making things from scratch, then you mix mini chocolate chips, cream cheese, sugar, an egg, and coconut together. You put the batter in the cups and then drop a spoonful of the cream cheese mix on top and magically in the oven the cream cheese drops to the middle of the cupcake leaving a creamy surprise inside.

So yesterday I had my two plastic containers of cupcakes and a big brown bag of pigs in a blanket in tow and I was on my way into my office to distribute them to the masses. Well I was wearing my black Bandolino’s that had the replaced heel tip. The heel tip that needed to be replaced again due to the clickity, clank the metal made on tile when I walked. Girlfriend is broke and needs new black pumps, don’t judge. I drooled over Jessica Simpson shoes a few weekends ago but could not part with $60 so I clickity clunked along. So I guess my broken heel tip got caught in a crack or something because the last thing I remember I was tripping on an imaginary line and landing cupcake first into the damp sidewalk. I did not drop anything, the cupcakes were tossled about but not too damaged. I cursed loudly dropping the F bomb, dusted off my knees and then continued inside. That is when I noticed my ankle bleeding pretty badly and I stopped at my desk to get a tissue. So I took the bloody canklecakes into the kitchen to be sold for .50 which was a steal compared to the amount of trouble they had caused.

During lunch I moseyed over to the addictive TJ Max and found myself a new pair of black pumps with a perfectly good heel and I tossed the black straps of death in the trash. They had lasted me two years and I had worn down two heel tips wearing them so they were well worth the $50 SoCal paid for them. Maybe I will go buy those dark purple Jessica Simpson pumps if they will last me 2 years that is longer than a pair of running shoes.

1 comment:

cathryn said...

Damn! How's your ankle? Sounds like some kind of bizarre falling-off-the-driveway sort of incident!

Also, I suggest we change your name to Betty Crocker :)