Here's Gibby

My photo
Norfolk, VA, United States
Just a girl from Mississippi who married a Sailor. Most people consider me weird and I consider most weird people normal.

13 March 2008

New Blinging Rims



Well a few weeks ago I was having headaches everyday. My eyes would twitch and burn and I would feel myself squinting at my computer and even leaning over to get my face as close as I could to the screen.


I finally made an appointment at an eye doctor which just so happened to be the first time in my life that I had seen an eye doctor. The doc. does the puff of air test on my right eye and I am anticipating the left eye puff so I keep blinking but I guess it doesnt matter. Then the doc. checks my vision and says that I have astigmatism in my right eye and I am far sighted and I have allergies.


She gives me my prescription for my lenses, samples for dry tired eyes and tells me to buy this tiny bottle of $12 eye drops for my allergies. Then I got to go pick out my very expensive frames. For those who know me I only buy sunglasses at Target and Wal-Mart, if they cost more than $15 I dont get them. Well the cheepest pair they had were $50 so I thought I will be wearing these things 8 hours a day so I better get some that are confortable.


I immediately picked up a pair of really cool black frames that I have always wanted to wear. They looked very cool but I could tell they would get annoying always having to look at the black frame around everything and they felt heavy and tight behind my ears. So I tried on the rimless, the trendy, the name brand and finally picked up a pair of titanium lightweight bendy ones. They were of course more expensive than the really cool black ones but I could hardly tell they were on my face.


So I ordered them and one week later you are looking at the newest nerd at TMP.





1 comment:

k-rin & day-vid said...

Welcome to the world of four-eyed freaks....I mean, geeks!!! You look adorable & sophisticated!