Here's Gibby

My photo
Norfolk, VA, United States
Just a girl from Mississippi who married a Sailor. Most people consider me weird and I consider most weird people normal.

14 November 2007

My own little cat factory

You mix a roaming orange male cat with an un spaid gray female cat and guess what you get.
Idiot inconsiderate trashy neighbors who dont know how to control the ferrile cat population.
I have a grayish yellow (heinz 57 as my neighbor would call it) half grown kitten on my porch that wont leave. I made the mistake of feeling sorry for it one morning and giving it some warm milk and dog food;I know cats eat cat food but that is all I had and as hungry as he looked he didnt mind. In fact that little bowl of food attactracted even more cats, of which I think are from the same litter. I found this out after I unlocked my garage yesterday and discovered a kitten inside my fully sealed garage. I assumed it was the same kitten for whom I had given the warm milk and dog food to that morning but only to my surprise as I walked around to the front door with the little gray meow following did I find a little grayish orange meow still in the same spot on the front steps. They are multiplying! As I am talking to my husband on the phone and he is giving me grief about attracting the neighborhood's cat population to our house here comes the sperm donor of these two teenager cats Dexter. So now I have to figure out what to do with this grayish orange teenager cat that is too tramatized to leave the steps. Do I take it to the neighbors and tell them it is there problem, do I call the SPCA, or do I keep it and take it to the vet to get neutered?

1 comment:

cathryn said...

How infuriating to have such irresponsible neighbors! Poor little fuzzballs. Unfortunately, shelters don't usually take in cats (because there are so many jack-asses out there like your neighbors and thus too many stray and/or feral felines, so unless someone finds homes for them, they will live short miserable lives as strays. Heartbreaking.